There will be a lunar eclipse on September 26 at 10:52 PM EDT at 4 degrees 17 minutes of Aries and Libra. A solar eclipse occurs on October 12 at 10:15 am EDT at 19 degrees 32 minutes of Libra. The next solar eclipse happens on March 9, 1997 at 18 degrees 31 minutes of Pisces and the lunar one on March 24, 1997 at three degrees 35 minutes of Libra and Aries.
Throughout history humans have been intrigued by eclipses. During the middle ages they were believed to bring on the downfall of rulers and kings unexpectedly and with haste. This has proven itself to be true lately as well.
Effects of Eclipses
In 1994 there was an election for governor of New York State. The incumbent, Mario Cuomo, appeared unlikely to be beaten by his little known opponent, George Pataki. On May 10, 1994 there was a solar eclipse whose path passed right over the state capital, Albany, where it was most visible. Albany is where both the governor and legislatures of the State of New York reside.
I remember thinking that an eclipse over the state capital should point to the incumbent losing the election but at that moment all indications made it appear unlikely. However that's exact what did happen. The path of an eclipse determines the areas of the world where the strongest effect will take place. This relates to weather and earth changes as well as political ones.
Eclipses can come on suddenly acting in a lightning like manner. The effects of the solar ones can begin up to a year before and the lunar ones six months prior to the actual date of the eclipse. A situation can begin to develop that will crest on or close to the actual date of the eclipse.
For example one year before an eclipse you might start thinking of changing residences and close to the date of the eclipse put your house on the market or move to a new place.
As mentioned in a previous article, eclipses are like a siren off in the distance getting closer and closer, passing right in front of your house on the actual date of the eclipse.
To enumerate some aspects of eclipses:
- They can take up to one year to develop in the case of solar and six months for lunar ones.
- Their effect is strongest around the actual date of the eclipse.
- Actual places along the path of the eclipse will be where its effect is most pronounced. This is especially relevant to weather and earth disturbances as well as political changes.
- A situation that hasn't been dealt with or is just out of conscious range will emerge at these times requiring action.
- The stronger the eclipse point (the degree and sign the Sun or Moon is located in on the date of the eclipse) in an individual horoscope the more significant it will be in your life. The interpretation of this depends upon where it occurs in your astrological chart.
- Its effect is frequently surprising especially if it occurs on your birthday. If this happens your life will be quite different after the eclipse and usually something quite striking occurs.
I know of one woman who had an eclipse on her birthday, celebrating the day with her new boyfriend. They were surprised by the sudden and rather unexpected entrance of the boyfriend's wife at the exact moment of the eclipse. This really surprised the birthday celebrant as she wasn't aware her boyfriend was married. Usually the eclipse's effect isn't so dramatic, although it is often indicative of areas of the life that need to be changed.
Eclipses can be frequently uplifting, forcing the release of those blockages and hindrances that keep one from the growth necessary to become whole and centered.
At a later date, most likely around an eclipse, I'll discuss some other eclipse stories and probabilities.
Back to Felissa Home Page
Access:NewAge Home Page Browse Astrology Articles