Copyright 1997 Tom Chase. Tom Chase is educated in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, and writes on Astrology for "Welcome to Planet Earth" Astrology magazine in the U. S.. Tomís writing combines religion, astrology, and New Age methods. Tom may be reached at: 60 Thoreau Street, #317, Concord, MA 01742 USA Return to the Astrology Deepartment
A TWA 747 airliner, Flight 800 to Paris, exploded in flames after taking off from New Yorkís Kennedy airport on July 17, 1996, between 8:30 P. M. and 8:50 P.M., all 230 on board dying. Let us examine this tragic aviation disaster to see if we can see a pattern. I will use a combination of astrological and religious techniques to analyze this event. In my astrology writing, my emphasis has been what I call "religious astrology"-- combining astrology and religious techniques.
First let us consider the astrological and astronomical events of that time, July 17, 1997:
(1) Astrologically, it is significant that both Saturn and the Asteroid Ceres had stations the next day July 18.
(2) Astronomically, Venus was at its maximum brilliance as a morning star on July 17.
(3) Astronomically, Neptune was at opposition on July 18.
(4) There was a close astronomical approach of the crescent Moon to Venus on July 12, with the moon actually passing in front of Venus in the daytime. This was the closest Moon-Venus approach seen in North America that year.
When analyzing the Flight 800 crash, we should also consider two earlier air disasters in 1996:
--July 6, 1996, a jet engine of a Delta MD-88 airliner disintegrated when the plane was taking off from Pensacola, Florida on its way to Atlanta. 2 died on this Delta Flight 1288.
--Valujet Flight 592, bound for Atlanta, crashed into the Everglades near Miami, Florida on May 11, 1996, with all 110 on board dying.
The Valujet and Delta planes were headed for Atlanta, and both Valujet and Delta are based in Atlanta. The Olympics began on July 19, 1966, in Atlanta, and the TWA crash occurred 2 days before the Olympics began, with the plane blowing up in a ball of flame-- of course the Olympic flame is the symbol of the Olympics. Also, before arriving in New York the TWA plane had flown from Athens, Greece. And the Olympic Games are a Greek tradition, the Olympic flame having been lit in Greece, originally. So there seems to be some pattern to these plane crashes that relates to Atlanta and the Olympic flame. I am implying that plane crashes are being caused by an intelligence-- what I am talking about here is angels, angels of death. Whatever the actual cause of these disasters, mechanical or human, I believe there is an overriding cause, angels that dislike the human race. The 15th chapter of Revelation, the last book of the Bible, describes these nasty angels, 7 angels bringing the 7 last plagues. Revelation is a series of prophecies of future events, that many people believe are beginning to occur in this decade; these events include many disasters such as earthquakes, wars, plagues, weather changes, etc..
There is one particular angel I have in mind, when I refer to angels making war against humanity, the angel Gabriel. In a 1995 movie "The Prophecy", the Angel Gabriel is the leader of an army of angels who have turned against man, because men have souls, and angels do not. Gabriel is searching for the soul of the most evil man on earth, to lead him to victory in this war. I think this movie actually is a prophecy, that can shed light on events in our time. (One reason I personally believe this movie is prophetic, is that when I saw the movie in a theatre, there was a rainbow seen in the sky; I saw the rainbow as an omen for me concerning the movie). Gabriel may dislike Atlanta, because the CDC is in Atlanta-- and the CDC finds cures for diseases. And disease is one of the principal weapons of Gabriel in his war against mankind. Note that the TWA jet was carrying HIV- infected blood. I believe Gabriel has various weapons in his campaign against humanity-- in particular using diseases, and terrorism-- controlling the individuals who cause terrorist events. Comet Hyakutake, which came closest to earth on March 25, 1996, I think was Gabrielís comet-- since March 24 is the day to commemorate Gabriel on the Catholic calendar, and March 25 is the Feast of Annunciation, when Gabriel informed Mary that she was to be the mother of Christ. Note that Comet Hyakutakeís passage seemed to bring problems, such as the announcement that Mad Cow Disease was spreading to people in England. So Gabrielís influence may have increased in 1996 with that comet earlier in the year. Gabriel has a dark side, bringing destruction on Sodom and Gemorrah, for example.
So what is the connection to New York? Valujet Flight 592 crashed in the same spot near Miami where Flight 401 from New York crashed in the 1970s. So, that is a kind of connection between TWA Flight 800 and Valujet Flight 592, since Flight 800 crashed after leaving New York.
How does this relate to the astronomical and astrological events I mentioned above? I think the most important events are the close approach of the Moon and Venus on July 12, followed by Venus reaching its greatest brilliance on July 17. Gabriel is considered to be the Angel of the Moon; the close approach of Venus and the Moon was like transferring the "fire" of a brilliant Venus to Gabriel; the air disaster occurred when Venus was at its peak brilliance. Consider that the crash occurred at 40 degrees North, 72 degrees West. One way I like to analyze numbers is by considering the equivalent Biblical passage numbers, in particular of the Bibleís last chapter Revelation. Revelation 7:2, corresponding to 72 degrees, describes an angel rising from the east. So this agrees with the angel idea. The flight 800 747 had just previously been Flight 880 to Greece, and Flight 881 from Greece to New York. Again, if we consider a corresponding passage number in Revelation, 8:8 (King James version): "And the second angel sounded, and as it were a great mountain burning with fire was cast into the sea: and the third part of the sea became blood;"
Note that 88 appears as a number also with the July 6 plane incident; the plane was an MD-88. Also, it is interesting to note that Revelation was originally written in Greek-- and Flight 800 had just come from Greece.
On August 6, 1997, Korean Airlines Flight 801, a 747, crashed in Guam, a U. S. territory in the Pacific Ocean; the plane had flown from Seoul, South Korea. Comparing this plane crash to the Flight 800 crash off Long Island:
(1) Both planes were 747s.
(2) The similarity in Flight Numbers-- 800 and 801. This may relate to the Book of Revelation, where in chapter 1:11,18: Jesus Christ appears and says to John, the author of Revelation: "I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last....I am he that liveth, and was dead; and behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death." In Greek, the language Revelation was written in, each letter is also a number, and therefore the Greek letter Alpha is 1, and the Greek letter Omega is 800. Therefore, 801 would be Alpha and Omega. It is also interesting that Flight 801 crashed in Guam after flying by Japan on August 6, the anniversary of the Atomic Bomb being dropped on Japan. And Flight 800 crashed on July 17, the day after the anniversary of the testing of the first Atomic Bomb in New Mexico; also, the project to develop the first Atomic Bomb had been called the "Manhattan Project", so that may symbolically relate to Flight 800 crashing near New York City. Maybe thatís what the "keys to hell and death" means-- the Atomic Bomb. It is also interesting that Flight 801 collided with Nimitz Hill in Guam, named for Admiral Nimitz, Commander of the American Pacific fleet in World War 2; Guam is the site for American military bases.
(3) There was a close astronomical approach of the Moon to Venus on August 6; note that I said previously that the Moon was seen very close to Venus on July 12, 1996, a few days before the Flight 800 crash. This relates to the "Gabriel" factor I related previously to Flight 800.
(4) August 6 is the day of "The Transfiguration of Our Lord Jesus Christ" on the Catholic Calendar. And Guam is a mostly Catholic island. The religious theme is emphasized by the flight originating in Seoul, which sounds like the word "soul".
So, there appears to be a hidden message about Atomic weapons in the Flight 800 and 801 plane crashes. Both planes were 747s, and if you relate this number to a Biblical passage, Psalm 74:7: "They have cast fire into thy sanctuary". The connection to Atlanta of some of the plane crashes, that I mentioned previously-- total war as a concept, the burning of cities, actually began in Atlanta, with Shermanís burning of Atlanta during the Civil War. The dropping of the Atomic Bomb was the next step in total war.
August 7, 1997, there was a plane crash in Miami, cargo flight 101 carrying clothing fabric crashed after take-off. Using the flight number, 101, Revelation passage 10:1: "And I saw another mighty angel coming down from heaven, clothed with a cloud"
Note the phrase "clothed with a cloud", and the plane carried clothing fabric; and here we have the angel theme again.