In numerology, every person in the world carries different energy that affects others around them.
Out of all the numerology numbers, life path number 6 is considered the nurturer and caretaker. The presence of a 6 in everyone’s lives is apparent – without them, a family (or even community) cannot function as a working and loving unit.
6s are known as the father/mother number. As a provider of unconditional love, the life’s purpose of a 6 is to always come to rescue loved ones from harm and serve as the glue that keeps a home intact.
As someone born on life path number 6, you share the energies of fellow 6s like Victoria Beckham, James Brown, Jennifer Lawrence, Justin Timberlake, Britney Spears, Robert de Niro, John Lennon, Albert Einstein, Eleanor Roosevelt, Stevie Wonder, Michael Jackson, Goldie Hawn, Ben Affleck, and Thomas Edison, among others.
So how does one lead a life path number 6? Read on to find out.
Join our Facebook group to get the answers to your synastry questions from our experienced community.
Is 6 a Good Number in Numerology?
Is Number 6 GOOD or BAD? The number 6 has gotten such a bad reputation since it was associated with 666 (or the beast’s number in the bible).
But if you look at what 6 actually represents in numerology and the ways a person walking the 6 life path nurtures, loves, and serve those he feels mistreated, you’d see that the number 6 is inherently good.
What Does 6 Symbolize?
If your life path fell on numerology 6, here’s what you need to know:
- Stability – Everyone born with a life path number 6 thrives with stability. They can be perfectly happy staying in one house, city, or community for the rest of their lives as long as they are able to provide service to others.
- Harmony – Life path 6 will fight tooth and nail to keep the peace within his space. Anyone or anything that disrupts the harmony of a 6’s life will face the full wrath of this naturally peace-loving person.
- Responsibility – Those born with the life path 6 welcome family obligations, chores, and other responsibilities that would help keep the peace at home.
- Domestic happiness – 6s are homebodies who love nothing but to be with family.
Personality Traits of a Life Path 6
Someone born on life path number 6 can be a magnet to people from all walks of life because of his warm and inviting energies. The 6 has a unique charisma that many people would find refreshing.
Positive Qualities of a Life Path Number 6
- Maternal/paternal – As a parent to a child (or children), 6s skate through parenting and taking care of their family. It is second nature to 6s to do whatever they can for their loved ones. This maternal trait extends to friendships and other types of relationships.
- Protective – The nurturing nature of a 6 means he is protective of everyone he loves and cares for. 6s will be there if their loved ones need them, whether asked for the 6’s help or not.
- Exceptional listeners – 6s has a way of making people feel comfortable to tell them all about their problems and worries. They’re good listeners and enjoy helping others whenever they can.
- Broad-minded – Unlike life paths 2 who find it hard to see the gray in black and white situations, one born into a 6 life path can see all angles and accept the in-betweens.
- Responsible – When 6s get a job in another setting outside their home, they are automatically well-loved due to their impressive work ethic.
Negative Traits of Life Path 6
Some traits of 6s that others love may as well be the same things that push people away. These include:
- Being intrusive: While life path 6 is naturally curious and extremely protective of the people within his circle, your maternal instincts could get you in trouble for being intrusive. Remember that not all people may appreciate your efforts, or be ready to open up to you.
- Excessive martyrdom: Because your life path revolves around being of service to others, you tend to become the martyr in your own story. While 6s happily nurture other people without expecting to get back the same level of love and compassion, they often end up feeling unappreciated.
The altruism of one who walks the life path 6 can be a slippery slope if he doesn’t learn the lessons on how and when to step back.
What Life Path Number is Compatible with 6?
You might think that the way 6s nurtures and values harmony that their compatibility with other life path numbers would be no issue.
However, life path number 7 has the least compatibility with the number 6. Here’s why: 6s love taking care of others and the emotional bond they create with relationships. Meanwhile, 7s tend to thrive with more alone time than other number life paths, which often lead to a 6’s hurt feelings whether it be in love, family, or friendships.
Other numbers would find balance with the energy of numerology 6, but not in all aspects of life.
As the lovers of stability, 6s work hard in building and keeping a peaceful, loving, and romantic relationship with their partners. People with a life path 6 only really feel happy when their partners are just as happy as them. As such, they are most compatible romantically with:
- 1s: As the leader of numerology and destiny number, 1s are harmonious people who are fiercely protective of others. Like 6s who tend to nurture those around them, 1s can just be as loyal and as problem-free in love as the 6s. But while 1s and 6s are extremely compatible romantically, they might have an issue if 6s show submissiveness at all times (which 1 may mistake as a weakness).
- 8s: Both 6s and 8s are responsible and goal-oriented people. The only difference is that 8s tend to be more idealistic, while 6s are more practical. As lovers, if 6s and 8s play off their strengths and none dominate the other, then this relationship has a chance.
- 9s: Just like 6s, 9s are very nurturing and naturals in responding to the physical, emotional, and spiritual needs of others. The main difference here is that 9s focus on the overall good of mankind, while 6s spend their energies focusing on family. If 6s are able to understand that 9s will always look beyond just their family, this pairing can be harmonious.
A life path number 6 can live exclusively of service to others, which makes them exceptional business partners. Not every other life path number is compatible with 6, but they are quite a match professionally with numerology numbers:
- 6s: 6s and 3s are both social, creative, loyal, and nurturing people who inspire others to be better at everything they do. These two life path numbers are better as business partners.
- 4s: Those who follow life path numbers 4 and 6 are both practical, very responsible, and competitive in their respective fields. If they come together to achieve the same goal, this alliance can be unstoppable.
- 2s: Both 2s and 6s need companionship and security. They could love without holding each other back, but romantically, the jealous nature of 2s could cause conflict if the 6s are unable to focus all their attention on the 2’s needs.
- 5s: A 5 is an outgoing human being, completely opposite of 6s who are most likely happy being homebodies. As friends, they would create balance since social-animal 5s are able to push the homebody 6s out of their shell.
Careers Best-Suited for a Life Path 6
People following the Life Path number 6 path are known to have healing and compassionate energies.
- In medicine, 6s are able to share their nurturing nature as a nurse, doctor, doula, physical therapist, and other similar vocations that comfort and care for other people physically, emotionally, or spiritually.
- In social work and education, 6s thrive because they are not motivated by money. Instead, their contentment in their fields must always be aligned in interacting with others. 6s are attracted to volunteer work, counseling, boy scout team leader, teaching, and similar jobs.
- In the spotlight: Even if 6s are natural homebodies, they excel in contributing to their communities, even if it means they have to do things in front of a huge crowd. Being a singer, musician, promoter, hostess are careers less common, but can easily be done by those following life path number 6.
6s love to build an emotional connection with others, which is why many of them become teachers, instructors, and other leaders that care for the mental, emotional and physical needs of their students.
Many 6s also feel contented in a domestic setting. They love the responsibility of leading a household and being on top of things, so spending their lives as a home’s cook, housekeeper, homemaker, interior designer, gardener, and even the boss of a home-based business seems like a win-win for the 6s.
What Does a Life Path Number 6 Mean?
Numerology has been used for thousands of years to help determine meaning in the greater cosmic plan. Your life path is one of the most effortless in numerology. It is rare for a 6 to chase BIG achievements and dreams. As a life path 6, the pursuit of happiness can be easily found within their homes, work environments, and close communities. You tend to find joy and contentment in whatever situation you are in.
As a 6, your problem would be two-fold:
- Neglecting yourself – 6s’ vision is always focused on the needs of other people, which makes them look like martyrs in many circumstances. If the people around you take advantage of this and do not remind you to do selfcare (or better yet, give back the nurturing and care that you give them), you might end up unhappy or resentful.
- Continuous self-development – This isn’t exclusive to the life path 6. In numerology, it is important that people actively and continuously cultivate their strengths. For 6, this means you would have to make efforts in bringing your nurturing and humanitarian personality to the forefront.
Once you’ve accepted these things about yourself and worked through them, you will be unstoppable in anything you do.
Truly understanding Life Path Number 6 could mean the difference between great happiness and misery down the line. Find a psychic medium near you today, whether you’re in New York City, Chicago, Utah, Seattle in the US, or somewhere completely different, you can get the expert guidance you deserve. Don’t forget you can also get a psychic email reading at low cost, or try the best online psychic reading sites such as Kasamba, Oranum, PsychicOz, Bitwine, Everclear Psychic and more.